We close our Week of Prayer for Counselling Together with two final thoughts. We would like to thank the leaders of the Churches that have led our Prayer Time this week for all their support in so many ways. We would also like to thank you for joining us in this time of prayer and our prayer for you is that you have been and will be richly blessed as you step out each day in the service of our Lord and Saviour.
No need to be lonely
Matthew 28:19-20: 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptising them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” – NIV
How well Jesus knows our every need, even as he leaves the earth to return to the Father one of the last things he tells his disciples (and us) is that he will always be with us by His Holy Spirit. He knows the human spirit, that need to be reassured and in relationship with God and our fellow human beings. Because he is with us we can call upon him at any time and trust him completely, what a reassurance.
Please Pray –
- for those clients that feel lost, lonely or even desperate, that they will grow in the knowledge that God loves and cares for them and that he is always there for them in every situation they face.
- that the counsellors will have God’s insight to the needs of their clients and be able to lead them into all truth that they are special and able to walk in strength with hope.
John Fowler – New Life Church, New Milton
The Source of Encouragement
May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and by his grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope, encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every good deed and word. 2 Thessalonians 2:16-17
Living in a society characterised by discouragement and loss of hope, these words point to the unchanging source of encouragement and hope that we can take for ourselves and, in turn, can share with those we meet and deal with in our lives. They have a special application to all engaged in a counselling ministry, who have to deal positively with so many negatives in their clients.
Please Pray –
- for the Trustees in this period of change, that they may have a clear sense of the direction the work should take.
- for growth in support from individuals and churches, which will bring encouragement and expansion.
- for Chris Bray, that he may be encouraged himself as he sees new developments taking place in the work he has nurtured.
Jim Harris – Poulner Baptist Chapel